The Parish Council is responsible for delivering a number of local services and is responsible for the following areas:
- Lenham Cemetery - please click here for more information Cemet - Lenham Parish Council Lenham, Maidstone, Kent - Lenham Parish Council, Lenham, Maidstone
- Ham Lane Play Park
- Cherry Close Play Park
- William Pitt Field
- Public WCs on Maidstone Road
- Maidstone Road car park
- Allotments site - the allocation and management of the allotments is the responsibility of the Ham Lane Allotment Association
- Cherry Downs Picnic site on Rayners Hill
- The Lock up, Faversham Road
- Parish Office at 1A High Street, Lenham
Planning matters and current building activity
The parish council continues to receive “complaints / comments” about issues linked to some of the building work that is happening.
While the parish council is a statutory consultee during the application process for any building, whether this is by individual householders or development companies, once the proposal is approved by the Planning Authority at Maidstone the responsibility for ensuring the works take place as set out in the approved development plan rest with Maidstone Borough Council.
This role is handled by the Planning Enforcement Team, they can be emailed on: PlanningEnforcement@maidstone.gov.uk or by ‘phone on 01622 602809. Any observations or queries relating to developments should be directed to this team as the parish council is not in a position to "enforce" anything once the approved plan is underway.
We do keep all of the activity on active sites under review and make representations ourselves if we feel that something is not proceeding according to the agreed plan.
Hopefully this clears up some of the potential confusion over the parish council’s role in these matters. For further information on how the parish council deals with planning, please follow this link Parish Services - Lenham Parish Council Lenham, Maidstone, Kent - Lenham Parish Council, Lenham, Maidstone